A gimlet is traditionally a very gin-forward cocktail, enjoyed with a dash of lime juice. This variation compliments the botanical aspects of the gin, as the cucumber and basil flavours pull out the gin. We recommend to use a gin like Hendricks, which has been distilled from many botanicals, including cucumber.
40ml Gin (we recommend Hendricks)
Garnish of sliced cucumber
Clean, empty jam jar
- Combine gin and Foxglove mixer into a clean empty jam jar.
- Shake for 15 seconds to combine the cocktail.
- Add ice and shake for another 10 seconds, to chill your cocktail.
- Strain into your glass, over fresh ice.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, and enjoy!
Use a vegetable peeler, and peel the cucumber lengthwise, to create long slices of cucumber. You can use these slices to garnish the glass, by either coating the inside of the glass before filling with ice, or using a skewer to make a fun (and tasty!) garnish.